Our American Dream

Our American Dream

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

3 years

I can honestly say these have been the best 3 years of my life. I am so happy to be married to the love of my life and my best friend. I was just telling Zack, it seems like we have been together forever already but yet it doesn't seem like much time has passed at all. It is weird to think about us turning 25 this year and becoming parents. We have had a wonderful journey. As cheesy as the love note I wrote to Zack in 8th grade was, I still find it true. "I don't want to miss a thing" We have been truly blessed in our life together. We have been able to learn so much and have some great adventures. Sure it has not been a trip to a foreign country or a high adventure activity, but it has been so much more than that. I have always been more of a practical thinker. I don't need those crazy adventures, I am happy being with the one I love and experiencing the day to day adventures.
I am so grateful that Zack and I will be together forever, and we are sealed to our little Luke. We are an eternal family no matter what.
I am grateful for experiencing this pregnancy together. Zack has been able to be apart of this from the very beginning, going to doctors appointments, seeing him for the first time, then being able to feel him move. I love how excited Zack is to have a son. He will lay in bed and just hold my belly to feel him move. He gets so excited to open baby gifts and put together the pack and play or other baby items. I know he still says he is nerves but I think he is more excited than anything.
 I love that we have been able to go to 25 temples together. We have this plan for traveling around the country in an RV to see the other ones when our kids are grown up but there will be many in between I am sure.

3 years of Marriage recap:
  • Moving into our very first apartment, that happened to have spiders but we didn't seem to mind as much at the time. 
  • Working for crappy places and making last minute changes of plans for internships.
  • I broke my back in a sledding accident and we decided never to leave the house again on January 20th. 
  • Going to Knotts berry Farm and Six flags for our 1 year anniversary because we never really go a honeymoon. 
  • Living with family to do another internship. 
  • No snow on January 20th.
  • Start to like running and do our first 5k for valentines day tied together. 
  • A lot more runs during that year.
  • I got a new job and we moved out of our basement apartment.
  • Climb Table Rock and I decided never to do that EVER again. 
  • Find out I was pregnant conference weekend. 
  • Have our first Christmas, just the two of us
  • Become the hosts for Sunday family dinner
Thank you Zack for Marrying me 3 years ago and forever being the man of my dreams.



No comments: